Holly Humble

My friends call me Holly, or Holly Humble, or any variation of the 2. I've lived in Texas and South Carolina. I love good music, good conversation and above all, my good (understatement of the century) glorious Jesus! I'm honestly really new to this writing thing and I know nothing about blogs...so fasten your seat belts and come with me as I journey through life and the "blogging" experience.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

What a tree told me...not actually, but hypothetically

So early this week it snowed in my town. I'm not sure if it's ever snowed that much in this town, it was very unexpected.

I was driving down the road 2 days ago and I saw an enormous percentage of trees that were uprooted. Many yards were ruined and roots exposed. This got the wheels in my mind turning.

Theses trees that were uprooted were huge! Like really, really tall and bulky. Plus, they'd been there for a long time. I found it really hard to believe that they feel down so easily under the weigh of the unexpected snow.

What are my "roots" in? More than that, are my roots in unshakable ground?

Did I mention that about 1 and a half days prior it was raining and raining and raining so the ground was nice and softened. Isn't that how life is sometimes? When it rains it pours. The "ground" in life seems so un-solid.

So my question is when something unexpected happens and you'll already weakened because of the circumstances that have surrounded you for so long, are you going to fall over?

Hezekiah in 2 Chronicles 32:1-23 didn't topple over when bombarded and invaded with unexpected war. He proclaimed a God that delivers and is faithful and unwavering despite the uncertain circumstances that awaited him.

Where are your roots? What are your circumstances? Feeling like falling over when unexpected storms come?

May you be rooted in Christ who doesn't change and is everlasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home