Holly Humble

My friends call me Holly, or Holly Humble, or any variation of the 2. I've lived in Texas and South Carolina. I love good music, good conversation and above all, my good (understatement of the century) glorious Jesus! I'm honestly really new to this writing thing and I know nothing about blogs...so fasten your seat belts and come with me as I journey through life and the "blogging" experience.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sometimes you just need to "vent" (whatever that means)

Venting...and here we go...okay, so let me begin by saying that yesterday was move-in day. Need I say more? To be honest, I seriously hadn't ever (I don't like to say "never" so I reword it, but is ever the same thing?) experienced that much stress or resistence on move-in day...until yesterday. It seems like I'm frequently at odds with my father on days where I need him to move heavy furniture, that was definately the case yesterday morning. So that's how it started, even before I got to school. Then when I got to my dorm/apartment I went to go get my key. When I gave the girl my name she proceeded to lift the paper with all the checks on it, to reveal a paper with people's names and an "unclear" beside their name. I had to go get "cleared" by the financial aid department...YIKES! When I got there apparently I was classified as a commuting student and owed a lot of money. To make a long story short, I left there with my tuition fully paid for with a 75 dollar credit. Praise God!
So I proceeded toward the dorm to continue the dreaded "moving in" process and I recieved a call from my sister and how she had a balance and how it was a bit larger than mine. My family's search for the remainder of the money to cover Becky's tuition has continued into today...so if you think about it, say a prayer for us. Let's just say, it's a rather gi-normous sum of money that we need a loan for!
God is so good isn't He? Just when you think that you're life isn't going all that good, He's got a way of letting you know that love is possible because of Him and that everthing that truly matters will work out, all the rest will fade. Here I am sitting at work complaining about my troubles to you, and in walks this man that can barely talk and needs a machine to speak for him most of the time. He's got a smiling, beaming face and he only speaks encouraging words. I asked him about his wife today and he said that she was his "lucky charm." Can you imagine a love like that? I mean honestly imagine that...2 individuals that have honestly grown old and aged, but stuck it out together, through all the frustrations and sickness. Wow. Now imagine and even greater love than that, the love that Jesus has for us. The love that makes you crazy and the loved you'd die for. Complaining just doesn't seem right. In fact, I've forgotten about my troubles after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home