Holly Humble

My friends call me Holly, or Holly Humble, or any variation of the 2. I've lived in Texas and South Carolina. I love good music, good conversation and above all, my good (understatement of the century) glorious Jesus! I'm honestly really new to this writing thing and I know nothing about blogs...so fasten your seat belts and come with me as I journey through life and the "blogging" experience.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Rose Colored Glasses

Today, I was somewhere, purchasing something...it's really not the point of this story. Either way, the cashier behind the counter had on very pink, rose tinted glasses. Naturally I commented on these rare glasses saying "I really like your pink glasses." The cashier proceeded to tell me that he'd paid only a bit extra to have his glasses tinted and that the frames were far more expensive. I then made a comment about how I'd guess that he could literally see the world through rose colored glasses. Then he told me that after a while he couldn't even tell that they were pink anymore, he didn't even notice the rose tint. Think about the symbolism there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home